Monday, May 22, 2006

just listen...

i know i never thought that i would turn around and rap/ one of those songs that's usually reserved to cats/ come from nothing and then made something from nothing and then could feed the fam and buy some land to build a house on the sand/ in one breath/ because i knew that i had more than that/ and only crack from growing up was the cracks put in my back/ from the stacks of stacks of crap/ i dealt with/ and fuck that/ that shit ain't worthy for a soundoff/ that/ shit is irrelevant to other people's struggles but truth is/ that those cracks in my back/ is study crackin'/ got me ready to go out packing just to see how people reacting/ just to see/ if i could make shit happen/ that ain't never before/ 'cuz 'hind close doors/ i done been through some wars/ and my story is different from those other cats/ still i can't relax/ stay keepin' eyes on my head/ but in the back/ in fact/ i gotta keep'em on the side too/ 'cuz you know how snakes do/ look away once and the whole crew's out to screw you/ the shit's too/ 's that 'cuz i go 'round packing pends instead of pistols/ missions instead of magnums/ they think that i won't react/ but like you/ i got shit to do/ make moves like moves do/ shake off/ those who pursue me/ instead of they dreams/ gotta stay focused/ done seen enough doublewides on the countryside/ i'm tryin' to get mine/ and spend my weekends on the countryside/ cruisin' on boats with no shoes 'n' just doin' it how we do/ and it's true/ i ain't had to struggle much/ but that shit looks so really tough that i ain't tryin' to go there/ just so you know this ain't no bluff/ this is real what i speak/ i pray to god that i never grow weak/ bend on my knees to the cowards who constantly haunting me/ in my dreams/ i know they want to get at me/ but the real story is/ that they just want to be like me/ baggy jeans, cap, confident/ still respected by corporate g's/ overseas/ and it seems/ my confidence is threat-en-ing/ despite the fact that i do whatever i can so they succeed/ real talk/ i can't have what you have 'cuz you don't have it/ so your automatic weapon is to fucking call me a faggot/ you's a ho/ no mo'/ will i cry and bend backs for you/ you a worm and finding worms in my food ain't really cool/ what the fuck you want me to do?/ sit still and stagnant like you?/ fuck up in school?/ talk 'bout my friends 'hind closed doors like they some fools?/ swear i been through it/ the shit is/ is to recognize the realities of the situations that you are facing/ for what they are/ i gotta go far/ 'cuz if i don't then i'll be stuck here/ and i swear/ that i don't think i can be stuck here another year/ watchin' dudes in desperation/ indifferent to their situations/ lacking motivation/ they live with their parents and watch music videos for inspiration/ my brother manny duels with age 20 in december/ but his visions ain't getting bigger because he thinks he's reached his peak at the GED/ streets is mean, little man/ i don't tell you to do college simply for knowledge/ i tell you so when you apply for that job they don't throw your app in the garbage/ and trust/ i wish the world was really different/ but aunt patricia died young in the pj's/ worked hard for many years yet still had roaches in the kitchen/ just listen/ if for a second to my words/ i scream loud and am never heard/ i wage world wars on my fears/ of my thoughts on this track/ just listen/ blood, sweat, and tears while on this earth/ don't look back/ and just listen/ just listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment